Monday, September 20, 2010

maybe you should step into this century...


 this weekend mc61 and i finally got motivated and took the old sears kenmore sewing machine into the shop to get a diagnosis, either it needs to be fixed or cleaned or both? montivilla managed to insult me several times in a matter of maybe 20 minutes of being in their shop. what fantastic customer service! first the gentleman at the counter remarked "you don't sew much, do you" as he informed me my bobbin tension was too high and my needle was in backwards. um, yeah, it would have been a nice opportunity for you mister shop owner to show me how to loosen my bobbin in case this happened again. now the needle thing, i know which part faces forward. the last time i used my machine i ended up breaking two needles and got so frustrated with putting in a third, i just stuck it in there and gave up! 

anyway, i quickly left mc61 at the counter to finish with the diagnosis. i went to look for some new thread. i was doing very well until one of the women, who was also at the counter, followed me to make sure i knew "those threads won't be good with the sewing machine". i politely noted that i was looking for threads for some hand sewing projects and went on my merry way.. later as we were done, gathering our ticket, the same woman told me that i should really "step into this century" i mean, who hand sews! 
excuse me? um, yeah, i'm not hand sewing clothes! i'm hand sewing paper. 
like it's any of her business. i have to say i felt a little shitty when i left. and thank you montavilla for bursting my bubble. am i excited to get my machine back and introduce myself to sewing again? why no, i'm not. 
HERE'S my awesome new threads..

.
oooh pretty, pretty! 






and i've already put some of them to good use...working on a card that's once again "over due"






i think we've forgotten what good customer service is these days. in addition, we could use a refresher in saying please, thank you.. just being courteous. 

oh well i'll just keep sewing off by myself no one around. no one to bug me!

No comments:

Post a Comment